Senior Controller EMEAI
For the #1 global manufacturer of Epoxy products (US stock listed, chemical industry) Jim worked as a Senior Controller EMEAI. The EMEAI organization was in transition since the parent company (US) had acquired significant business.
| revenue $ 6,946 million |6,500 employees |
Organizing (cross departments / countries) statutory reporting and audits from a shared service center (SSC) perspective for over 20 local EMEAI entities was one of the main tasks (US GAAP to local GAAP) besides co-leading / coaching the team.
Other specific results that Jim managed were:
- Reorganize the legal structure by merging and liquidating several entities (coordinating with 3rd party tax and legal consultants).
- Implement Accounting Standard Codification (ASC) 842 Lease Accounting.
- Develop and implement KPI management dashboard.
Senior Controller EMEA
For the worldwide largest fully integrated seller of titanium dioxide (TiO2) pigment (US stock listed, chemical industry) Jim worked as a Senior Controller EMEA. The Finance organization was in transition in preparation of a global merger.
| revenue $ 1,698 million | 3,400 employees |
Organizing (cross departments / countries) business reporting and coordinating all audits in the EMEA-region (financial, SOx, credit) were the main tasks. Other specific results that Jim managed were:
- Develop and implement business and management reporting package.
- Develop and implement online SOx communication platform.
- Implement Blackline reconciliation tool.
For a Dutch national non-governmental organization (NGO, association) Jim worked as a Finance manager. The Finance organization was in transition towards a shared service center (SSC), which had major impact on the services and employees of the Finance team.
| revenue € 10,6 million | 75 employees | 30.000 volunteers |
Leading the SSC-project (design and implementation) and ensuring general finance / tax compliance were the main tasks. In this role Jim had 9 direct reports. Other specific results that Jim managed were:
- Develop and implement fast closing procedure.
- Develop and implement management dashboard.
- Develop and implement adequate project control procedure.
- Organize the financial consolidation of over 200 entities (micro, medium and Corporate).